Bananas and zucchini in one bread?
I know, sounds a little weird… But trust me, it’s SO tasty! Just ask my 9 month old.
I love snacks – probably more than actual meals.
I also get distracted easily and forget to eat. When I have low blood sugar – I get desperate and will eat anything. So I like to try to have something on hand to quickly devour before I pass out.
I wouldn’t say this bread is the “healthiest” – but it sure does make a tasty mid-day snack.
The best part is how easy it is to make. Honestly only takes about 15 minutes to put together and then just another 40 or so minutes to bake (licking the bowl while you wait is definitely not frowned upon).
Now all of those sad bananas and slightly squishy zucchini will be put to a good cause!
Just open up your cupboards – I’m sure you already have everything.
All you need is some sugar, coconut oil (or butter), 2 ripe bananas, 1 egg, a zucchini, some vanilla, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg to make it extra tasty, and the essentials like salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
If your bananas are ripe enough, you won’t even need to get your hands dirty. Just simply use the whisk to break them up!
This bread is best right out of the oven (in my opinion) – but it’s great cold too.
Slab on some butter and try not to eat the whole loaf in one go…
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl - whisk together the sugar, oil, bananas, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl - whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet - and mix together until completely combined. Then fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Add the batter to a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes - until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter or ghee.