This year Eli and I took Ody to the petting zoo in town – basically just another excuse for me to get to hang out with some goats…
We paid the extra dollar to get to feed the animals – and watch them attempt to take the whole bag right out of my hand.
It was so much fun getting to see Odin interact with all the animals.
He is still so little, so there isn’t a whole lot he can do. But we made the best of it – and snuggled up with some pumpkin muffins enjoying the crisp fall air.
This recipe is SO easy.
I feel like baking can get a bad wrap, but honestly muffins are hard to screw up.
They only take around 15 minutes to mix together, then pop them in the oven.
I love having foods on hand that we can quickly take with us while we are rushing out the door.
And they would even make a great side to a bowl of vanilla ice cream!
Let me know down below your favorite fall recipe 🙂
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 stick of salted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large mixing bowl - whisk together both of the flours, sugars, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Then in a separate mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin puree, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, using a spatula to combine.
- Grease or line a muffin pan - and then evenly distribute the muffin batter.
- Bake @ 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
- The muffins need to sit for at least 20 minutes after baking.